Saturday, February 11, 2012

Pulled Chicken Sliders


I am not a big fan of slow cookers. Just because everything that usually comes out of it looks overcooked and not so pretty. (I just like to eat my vegetables vibrant and colorful)
However, I tried two different slow cooker meat recipes recently and have become a believer.

One day I just wanted a chicken sandwich, I found this pulled chicken sliders recipe here and decided to give it a go since I had all of the ingredients on hand.
(I had to substitute tomato sauce for paste)

I am sure glad I did, this recipe is a keeper and I will be using for those days when I don't have a lot of time to spend in the kitchen.


Pulled Chicken Slider Sandwiches

  • 3 chicken breasts
  • 1/2 onion, chopped
  • 2 garlic cloves, crushed
  • 8 oz. can tomato sauce
  • 1 Tbsp cider vinegar
  • 3 Tbsp prepared mustard
  • 3 Tbsp brown sugar
  • 12 slider sized rolls
  1. 1. Place 3 chicken breasts in the base of the slow cooker.
  2. In small bowl, whisk together the tomato sauce plus 1 can worth of water, the cider vinegar, mustard, and brown sugar. Add a little salt and pepper is you wish. Add the chopped onion and crushed garlic to the sauce.
  3. Pour sauce over chicken breasts. Set slow cooker to high and cook for 4-6 hours.
  4. When chicken is finished in the slow cooker, scoop it out into a bowl and using 2 forks, “pull it” apart.
  5. Scoop some sauce from the slow cooker and add until reaches your desired ‘sauciness.’
  6. Serve on slider sized rolls
I served the sliders with some roasted potato wedges and a tossed salad!

If you have any must try slow cooker recipe, please leave a link to it in the comments :)




No comments:

Post a Comment