Tuesday, February 2, 2010

The groundhog's song


Photo: Supherman

Oh, I'm Punxsutawney Phil
From the Keystone State.
Today I'll tell you all if
Spring is going to be late.

To all you eager gardeners
Who hounded me from my bed.
Go back to your flower shows*
And gardening books** instead!


*Show time! Catch the Northwest Flower & Garden Show in Seattle. Philadelphia hosts the world's largest indoor flower show. Garden experts from around the country will be flocking to the San Francisco Flower & Garden Show in San Mateo.

**I wrote two book reviews for The Union newspaper. Click to read author interviews about Fearless Color Gardens by Keeyla Meadows, and Succulent Container Gardens by Debra Lee Baldwin.


To leave a comment, click on the word COMMENTS below.

No comments:

Post a Comment