I love my accessories, and when I saw this post on Megan Nielsen's blog.
I knew I had to make my own!
I think they turned out pretty cute!
(pictures at the end of the post on how I style these babies)
I used Megan's pattern. However, it is for a scalloped collar, which I did not want.
I just printed the pattern and cut the scallops off.
For the pointed collar, I used the same pattern but made it pointy at the end.
Megan has a detailed post on how to make a detachable collar, but if you
want to see how I made this collar, keep reading.
Cut two of the pieces on the fold:
(if your fabric is light weight, you will need interfacing)
Place the two pieces (right sides together) and pin around
Sew all the way around (about 5/8 from the edge) leaving a small opening
Trim around the collar cutting off the access
I used my pinking shears
Turn collar inside out
Iron the collar
Hand sew the opening shut and hand sew on a hook and eye
Next, embellish whichever way you please
(I was lazy and used sequin glue, I let it dry over night)
Thats it!
Here are just a few ways that I am planning on wearing the collars
Thank you so much for visiting!!
No comments:
Post a Comment