Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Chocolate Cupcakes with Chocolate Frosting for that Chocolate Craving



Lately I have been having very strong chocolate cravings. My mouth gets watery and I just have to have something chocolate.

I found this recipe for chocolate cupcakes. I have to say, They are very, Very GOOD!!!!

Cupcakes:

2 cups sugar

1 ¾ cups flour

¾ cup baking cocoa

1 ½ tsp baking powder

1 ½ tsp baking soda

1 tsp salt

2 eggs

1 cup milk

½ cup vegetable oil

2 tsp vanilla

1 cup boiling water

Heat oven to 350

Prepare cupcake pan with liners

Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl. Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla. Beat on Med speed for 2 min. Stir in boiling water (batter will be thin)

Fill cups 2/3 full of batter.

Bake for 22 min

Chocolate frosting:

1 stick unsalted butter

2/3 cup Hersheys cocoa

3 cups powdered sugar

1/3 cup milk

1 tsp vanilla extract

Melt butter in microwave, stir in cocoa, alternately add powdered sugar and milk, beating on med speed. Stir in vanilla extract.

I refrigerated the frosting while the cupcakes cooled, then I used a piping bag to pipe the frosting on the cupcakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment