Sunday, November 29, 2009

Super Shrines: Painting Diaries

Hello Dumplings!*
Now that I've overcome my turkey coma, the name of the game is Progress! Here's a quick peek at the balls-to-the-wall-exam-time-brouhaha that's brewing in Apartment #5:Bedazzling the crap out of my Aphrodite shrine. Making progress one sequin at a time...


My cat Miss Marney Pants providing moral support while I wail on watercolor assignments...


I decided to keep a "Painting Diary" to record the progress of my Bast (The Egyptian cat goddess of perfume, protection and pleasure) shrine. This is the first initial wash over the collaged ground and line drawing.
The initial straight-tube compliment underpainting and a second slightly metallic ground coat...


The initial first coats of oil. Tomorrow I'll be able to finish off her arms, work in with glazes and start her Cleopatra style collar piece...
I'm hoping to squeak in some time to make a December Dream Board this week in the midst of the mayhem! Now my pretties, what sort of magic and creative mischief have you been making?

Until next time,
Much Joy and Merry BeDaZzLiNg!***

No comments:

Post a Comment