Monday, November 15, 2010

Big Bold and Bright -- Italy acrylic


So... today.. the winding down of the show. I spent most of the morning doing some marketing for the Cedarhurst exhibition. The afternoon was spent painting the newsstand at night. I enjoy the painterliness of the surface. I hope to keep it fresh and loose.

It needs a few more days of work-- and some consideration of detail-- but all in all-- I like where it's going.

I then turned my attention to reworking a larger painting that needed depth. I am reworking the middle ground... and making interest in the buildings.
Not as easy task-- as I don't want to resort to doing the same devices that worked before.
This time around-- I am relying on certain pigments to carry the weight of the painting-- instead of varnish, medium, or aerated paint.

Both paintings aren't done-- but it sure is nice to see them develop.

Italy 174
acrylic
24" h x 24" w
2010
unfinished

Italy 173
acrylic
30" h x 30" w
2010
unfinished

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment