Monday, December 21, 2009

Solo Soulstice Party:

Happy Solstice, Gumdrops!*

There are a few stray snow flakes m e a n d e r i n g down and I am having a solstice party for one: hot coffee in my favorite lumpy mug, spicy cinnamon candles burning, noshing on chocolate almonds my sweetie sister gave me as a "semester survival" gift and savoring the quiet that has finally settled in the apartment.

my closet altar.



Won't you join me in a deeply refreshing

and audible sigh of relief?



A h h h h h h....

Whew!



Now that I've had a few moments to marinate and a good night's sleep, I feel pretty good about what I managed to accomplish this semester and this year really. Pretty DARN good come to think of it. I was initially a bit bummed that I fell out of my routine of regular meditation, personal ritual, smart eating and Dream sleeping which as a result has left me feeling a little dried out and off kilter. But then I decided that really, this semester and the series of goddess works were a different kind of devotion-- Energy as Offering. Here's what's been cooking:



Bast: The Slayer 30"x40" Oil on Canvas

Click for larger image



Bast is finished! Well, mostly finished. Finished until I decide I need to rework parts of her face. I'm also debating how I'd like to house her as a shrine. I'd like to make reference to her bizarre dualities as a ruthless slayer of men and deity of perfumes and other prettiness. Any thoughts, blogosphere? I am open to suggestions!



Aphrodite 22"x40" Mixed Media

The Aphrodite Shrine is complete--8 zillion sequins, bottle caps, pearls and glittered bits later! She suffered a little damage in transit, however it's an easy fix. She's going to become a night light in the parlor...



Ophelia 18"x24" Oil on canvas

Here's Ophelia in her present state--completed her just in time! (She was still wet for critique. Eep!) I'd like to apply a few more layers of green to intensify the depth of the water/mystery liquid she's steeping in. More pictures to come--I'll be sure to post new works as I document them. :)



And now, sugar plums, it's time to hibernate, enjoy winter, visit my long lost gal pals, drink homemade wine with the family and let the creative juices replenish and ***percolate***. What are you doing to treat your creative juices these days, my dears?



Until Next Time--

Much Joy and Merry Solstice!~*

No comments:

Post a Comment