Tuesday, August 10, 2010

ITALY -- acrylics


I have two days to finish these paintings.

The top one is new-- started yesterday... and being worked on this week.

The bottom one is giving me trouble. I don't know why-- but it isn't grabbing me as it should.

Somewhere along the way -- I lost the spark.
I know I will get it back-- but I have to set it aside.. and let it fade in the background of my desire and consciousness.

Then.. after a while... I will bring it out again... and see it with 'fresh eyes." Immediately -- I will know what to do~ !

It's always easier to solve paintings after you are dispassionate about the conclusion.

Sometimes I think -- we fall in love with what we "paint"..and not with what we "see."

Italy 123
acrylic
21" h x 21" w
2010
unfinished


Italy 120
acrylic
30" h x 40" w
2010
unfinished
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment